Terms & Conditions
Why You're Reading This Document
The purpose of this Participant Travel Agreement (the “Agreement”) is to communicate our mutual expectations for your experience in, whereby for mutual consideration you agree to abide by the terms of the Agreement set out below. One of The Girls Trip’s priorities is to inform you of all of the exciting activities we have planned, while also acknowledging some of the risks of certain excursions, activities and foreign travel whereby we will not be held liable should any injuries or loss occur. We have so many exciting things planned and want to make sure all of our participants are safe and well prepared before we jet off!
1. This Agreement is made between The Girls Trip Tours Inc and “Participant”, “You” and “Your”.
What to Expect During the Trip
2. The Girls Trip will organize a travel experience starting with carefully selected accommodations, curated excursions and delicious food to truly experience the culture of our destination. All the details are contained in Schedule “A” Travel Details and Cost.
What We Expect of You
3. You In order for things to run smoothly on Trip, we have listed some (common sense) guidelines on how you should behave on the Trip and other expectations of you. These are outlined in Schedule “B” Trip Expectations. If you don’t meet these expectations, you may be asked to leave the Trip immediately.
Trip Cost and Refunds
4. Refunds. In exchange for The Girls Trip services in organizing and facilitating the travel experience, you will pay The Girls Trip the amounts as set out in your invoice. We are proud to offer monthly payment plans in order for you to join us on this adventure. Please note there are no refunds should you choose to withdraw from the trip, and the cancellation policy is outlined in Schedule A. There is also no refund for any unused travel services, so if you choose not to participate in an excursion that is non-refundable, as we offer one complete packaged price. Note: if you decide to cancel the Trip and find another woman to replace your spot, we may accept that person at our sole discretion. Please let us know of the substitution as soon as possible in order to assess the situation and get in contact with the new potential participant. You may also transfer your trip deposit to another trip within the same year if you can no longer attend the original trip you intended to be a part of.
Term and Termination
6. These are all of the important legal acknowledgements, which are included as Schedule “C” Waiver, Release and Indemnity. Please read that Schedule and make sure you understand it. You need to sign that Schedule as well as this Agreement so that The Girls Trip can make absolute sure you understand and agree to it.
7. The Girls Trip is all about community and bringing together strong and inspiring women to explore beautiful destinations. On the trip we will have one or several photographers and/or videographers to capture our experiences. We want to share the trip with our community and hope you’ll do that same. You agree to grant us the irrevocable right and permission to use, throughout the world and in perpetuity, your image, likeness, photographs, video content, audio recordings or any other record of you that is submitted to us directly (via email, Facebook, Instagram or other messaging service) or captured by our hired photographer and/or videographer, or posted on your social media account with The Girls Trip hashtags or that tags @the.girls.trip or @hudaalvi or @twosaparty_ social media accounts, whether captured by you, us, or a third party, for any purpose whatsoever without asking you for permission. You also release us from all claims that you may have in relation to the use of your image and any posts made by you in the ways mentioned above. That gives us permission to use photos and videos of you that we take during our trips or that you post on your social media account that are related to our trip without your express permission for any purpose, including use for print and digital marketing. It also gives us permission to repost photos of you where you have tagged us. We can’t wait to show the world our experiences and will share our photos, video and creative content and we encourage you to do the same!
9. If problems arise, The Girls Trip wants to be prepared and know that you are willing to have honest and open communication. If a dispute arises out of, or in connection with this Agreement, the parties agree to meet in person with an objective third party to act as the mediator, to be selected using a roster mediator in Toronto, Ontario, Canada to pursue resolution through negotiation and mediation before resorting to further legal recourse or litigation. All information exchanged during this meeting or any subsequent dispute resolution process, shall be regarded as “without prejudice” communications for the purpose of settlement negotiations and shall be treated as confidential by the parties and their representatives, unless otherwise required by law. However, evidence that is independently admissible or discoverable shall not be rendered inadmissible or non-discoverable by virtue of its use during the dispute resolution process. If the dispute cannot be resolved after 30 days of mediation, and in the event of legal action, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover all legal fees and court costs from the other party. All legal action must take place in the jurisdiction of the appropriate court located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Standard Legal Terms
10 Jurisdiction. This Agreement will be governed exclusively by the laws of the Province of Ontario. In any judicial proceeding involving a dispute arising from or with respect to this Agreement, the parties agree to submit to personal jurisdiction of the courts located in the city of Toronto, Ontario. Severability. If any provisions of this Agreement are invalid or unenforceable, the other provisions in the Agreement will remain in full force and effect. Entire Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the entire Agreement between the parties and replaces any prior agreements. Waiver of Breach. The waiver by The Girls Trip of any breach by You of any provision of this Agreement will not be taken to be a waiver of any further breaches by You. Notice. For the purpose of this Agreement, e-mail or text will suffice for written notice when required as set out above. Signatures. Both parties agree and consent that e-signatures are an acceptable form of signature. Headings. The headings used in this Agreement are for stylistic purposes only and none of the content in the headings are intended to be legally binding. Counterparts. This agreement may be signed in any number of counterparts, each of which is an original, and all of which taken together constitute one single documen.